I'm so glad I remembered to combine my My Digital Studio Birthday Tradition with this blog hop! Unfortunately, I will not be posting my picture until my actual birthday so you'll have to return to see it. Forty was a bad year for me weight wise (I gained 40 in my 40th year) so here's to making some serious changes this year. Forty was also a great year for one particular accomplishment. I have officially stopped biting and picking at my fingernails! It has been an entire year since I've stopped and I can confidently say that I'm done.
Also celebrating birthdays this month are Kris Kilkenny on the 20th and Julie Davidse on the 28th.
For the page above I learned how to use the Line Tool and Add Text to a Path. I had to draw a short hidden line to the right hand side of my banner (also free-formed) to get the date where I wanted it. I also did a lot of grouping and aligning to get things exactly where I want them.
Clean and Simple Stamping FTL225 for the sketch and I think it is a perfect fit for this post. I have a lot of birthdays on my list this month and so this card will also be the birthday card of the month (without the button for the mailed ones). The inside of this card says, "it's your birthday, Oh, What fun! Blow out your candles one by one!" and the font matches the stamp on the front. This set has several set like phrases in it.
SUPPLY LIST: (for card above)
- Stamp Sets: Bring On the Cake
- Colors: Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Whisper White
- DSP: Patio Party, Sycamore Street (2013 Sale-a-Bration)
- Punches: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle, 1-3/4" Circle, Petite Pennants Builder, 1-1/4" Circle and Square (for flags)
- Embellishments: Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (2013 Sale-a-Bration), Pool Party Baker's Twine
- Big Shot: Circles #2 Originals (for Pool Party Circle)