Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kit: Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit

Here it is! Several months in the making. I wanted something more dimensional than the way the burlap was intended to be applied so I quickly cut it into pieces to make loops. Pieces that were too big! I should have measured better because on my first attempt I ended up with lots of loops and a large gap with nothing. I attached them with a stapler so that meant pulling every one of them off and trying again. It took me a while to want to disassemble and finish the flowers. I was more careful this time but still wish they were tighter. 

FYI:  The burlap ribbon in the kit is NOT the same as the burlap ribbon that you can buy. If you were to need extra you would need to mix it up.

Minus the gaps (that probably only I can see) I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Yes, my front door is So Saffron so it looks quite nice. I hung it with Pool Party Seam Binding. There is also a push pin on the door hidden behind the flowers to keep the wreath in place. It is heavier on one side because of the flowers.

FYI: I didn't quite follow the instructions after a while and accidentally made an extra flower so I had to grab an extra button and a circle of Smoky Slate.

This is what people will see from outside less the watermark of course. Pretty cute! I would recommend this wreath on inside doors like if you have a screen or live in an apartment where you don't face the elements. I may get some fading from the morning light. We'll see.

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment :

  1. Its really pretty!! What a fun spring welcome! :)
    I really like that you used the kit but changed it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive thoughts.